cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore of bkf file not possible

outbreak
Level 2
We backup our data to a backup to disk folder on a server. this server are saved to lto1. now i must restore a file form the backup. i have restored the bkf files from the lto. now i want to restore my file from this bkf files. this is not possible. i can`t katalog the bkf files. when i try it with nt_backup, then i can katalog the bkf files, but when i make a restore only 25 kb from a 4 mb file are restored. can somebody help me?

mfg
Sebastian
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
After restoring the BKF file(s) to a B2D folder, inventory the folder, then catalog

If this does not work, what error do you get for the catalog operation?

For future reference, rather than just backing up the BKF files with a standard copy backup, do a DUPLICATE job.  With this you can restore directly from tape, and not have to jump through the hoops you are having to do now.

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 09-06-2007 07:49 AM

outbreak
Level 2
This i have already done. It doesn`t work. I can inventary but not catalog. I become the error

<script language="JavaScript"></script>
Medium konnte nicht geladen werden.
Medien des Wechslers der physischen Datenträger nicht gefunden.
Thanks
sebastian

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Can you give at least a rought translation?  My German is almost non-existant

You can also try some VooDoo tech suport.  stop all Backup Exec services, rename the \Catalogs folder (to \Catalogs.sav for example)

Then reastart the services, inventory and catalog again

Mike_Kehm
Level 4

Medium could not be loaded.
Media of the moneychanger of the physical data carriers not found.

Rough translation from http://translation2.paralink.com/

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Mike -

Rough indeed Smiley Very Happy  thanks

Outbreak -

outbreak
Level 2
Hy

firts thanks for the fast help at all.

On weekend i have installed a server with veritas backup exec 10d. With this system i was able to restore the bkf file. Therefore i think that the article are also the right way. when i have a little bit time then i will try this way too.

Sorry for my bad english.

bye
Sebastian

p.s. this thread can be cloased, thanks