cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

restore of individual mail messages...

Mattias_Holm
Level 2
This is driving me crazy, I've spent an insane amount of time reading posts all over the internet trying to find a solution that will help me getting this to work but so far everything I've tried has failed.
It just seems like you are not supposed to be able to restore your emails..

Stuff used:

Exchange server.
Windows 2003 SP1
exchange 2003 SP2

BE media server.
Windwos 2003 SP1
BE SP1, Hotfix 17,18,19,20 & 21

Backup method: Full - Database & logs (flush committed logs)
I've checked the "Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from information store backups"
Selected the infotmation store item in the resource view.

Backup runs without any problem and if I look in to the B2D folder after the successful backup I can see IMG... folders that contains my databases.

So here is my problem. When I go to restore I expect to be able to actually be able to select individual items from the mailboxes but I only see a list of mailboxes and if I try to expand any of them there is nothing there.
When I select the information store backup to restore from BE shows some information about the backup in a box below the resource tree, looking at that information I can see that Media label IMG... matches the folder in the B2D folder and that Restore of individual items is enabled. BUT is also says size 0KB which is a lie since the files in them IMG.. folder is about 40-50GB..
If I expand the information store and select the Mailbox Store instead I can see that the Mailbox store is not a "True Image"? and that status is normal..

I read somewhere about the Path on media server for staging temporary restore data... It set to a folder that exists on the meda server and if has enough room(unless restoration of individual items requires more than twice the size of the database) and my backup user has full control on that folder.

Any ideas, I'll try anything even going back to Retrospect :)

-M
0 REPLIES 0