cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restoring increments stored on 1 medium

Michael_DePew
Level 3
Hi,

I'm using Backup Exec 10.0 on a Windows 2000 Adv. Server SP4. My question is, if I store all the incremental backups of a data set on the same medium, can I feasibly do one restore job to restore that data? Will BE restore the increments in the right order? Can I set the order somehow? Or would I need the create a separate restore job for each increment the same as if they were scattered across multiple medium? Thanks for any replies!

-Mike
3 REPLIES 3

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hallo,

one would need to restore the last full backup and the rest of the incremental backup sets till the last incremental since the incremental backups include
only the files that have changed (based on the archive bit) since
the last full or incremental backup and reset the archive bit to
indicate that the files have been backed up.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can look into setting up Synthetic Backups. This will consolidate a Full and subsequent INCR backups into one media, so that you have only one restore to do.

See http://support.veritas.com/docs/276170Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Michael,

Could you please update us ...

Revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.