cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robotic library detect tape change from tapemediaL4 to L4tapemedia

whiteknight8
Level 4
Hi , 

how can i change back the tape media , i am using a robotic library which scan the barcode of the tape media,
previously the media tapes were detected as tapemediaL4 , currently it is detected as L4tapemedia,
how can i change back to tapemediaL4, will there be any impact in future restore job if i just leave them as L4 tapemedia as it is scan by the robotic library?
They will still show data that had been backup , most likely i will require to do a full catalog when i want to resoter the tapes last time detected as tapemediaL4 
i am using the same backup media tapes.

thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4

Eemans_Dany
Level 3
Accredited
HI,

Was there any change on the hardware. It can be that the barcode reader on de robotic tapelibrary must being changed from barcode read left to right or vice versa.
This is a setting on the robotic library.

Dany

whiteknight8
Level 4
only the L4 change from right side to left side
example IIL343L4 to   L4IIL343
barcode rule is disabled. i try to see the robotic library to check if there is any setting.
The media just appear scratch media lol because of the change.
but after doing a catalog i am still able to restore to my ndmp device
:) so my old data is still there and is able to restore

Larry_Fine
   VIP   
It sounds like a setting changed in the library as to what format the bar codes should be reported as.  Was the frimware in the library recently upgraded?

whiteknight8
Level 4
nope it was not updated but the tape library was readded to the backup exec due to some error at first