cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sauvegarde du répertoire Windows de windows server 2012 avec backup exec

sebas22
Level 3

Bonjour,

Sur Windows 2003 server et windows 2008 server, je peux sauvegarder le répertoire Windows.

Si je le fais sous windows server 2012, le job réussi mais aucun fichier n'est sauvegardé.

Si je veux faire une restauration, je vois tous les répertoires mais aucuns fichiers.

Par contre, je n'ai aucun soucis pour sauvegarder des répertoires de données.

Ce comportement est-il normal ?

Merci de votre retour.

seb

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE 2012 and BE 2010 R3 with the latest service pack support Windows Server 2012...which version are you on? If not BE 2010 R3 or BE 2012 (or BE 2014) then you'd need to consider an upgrade to 1 of them to be supported for Server 2012.

If 1 of those 2, is the Remote Agent successfully installed on the remote server and is it running and publishing to your media server correctly?

Thanks!

sebas22
Level 3

I have BE 2010 R3 and I test with BE 2014 and it make the same thing.

The remote agent is successfully installed on the remote server and it is running and piblishing to our media server correctly.

Are there any restriction on windows server 2012 R2 who prevent backup the windows directory ?

If I backup a data directory, i have no problem !

thanks.

CraigV

...not sure on that. I don't know if Microsoft have built in some sort of protection of that folder. Have you checked the permissions?

Do you need to backup that folder?

Thanks!

sebas22
Level 3

And if If I move a sub-directory in the windows directory on the c: , I can backup correctly.

So i Think there are restrictions on the windows directory ??

thanks

sebas22
Level 3

May be c:\windows is backup if I choice system state ?

for example :

if i backup c:\windows\apppatch, the job is successful but when I want restore it there are no files.

But if i make a copy of this directory and I backup c:\windows\apppatch - Copie, the job is also successful but I see all files when I attempt a restauration !

I think this is the fonctionnement of backup exec ?

Thanks

CraigV

...does it only do this on Server 2012 R2, or any other Windows version?

thanks!

sebas22
Level 3

It not do on Windows server 2003 and 2008.

I have not test on windows server 2012.

But I have test with backup exec 2014 and it make the same thing on windows server 2012 R2.

Thanks !

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you had a look @ this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH217119

sebas22
Level 3

this is not that.

I test on windows server 2012 il is like on windows server 2012 R2, the job who backup c:\windows\apppatch is successful but no files was saved.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The KB was meant to give an explanation as to where the backup selection of WindowsApps must be made.

Would recommend to make the selections from Windows Store and the corporate enterprise store instead of selecting WindowsApps directly.

Certain types of data report backup as successful but no files are actually backed up. For example, DFSR data if backed up directly will not actually backup anything as the proper backup selections are to be made from Shadow Copy Components. Same is the case with Windows Apps.