cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduled backup completed with AOFO exceptions, "run now" backup successful

mcnabney
Level 3
BE2010 media server on 2008R2 backing up agent/AOFO on 2000SP4. The agent would not push install, so did a local install per symantec instructions. When i generate a job on the media server to backup a share on 2000SP4, and run now, job completes in 57 secs. AOFO is NOT selected for job as default. Agent console on target 2000SP4 displays activity as job processes.  If i create the same job and schedule it, job completes after 3 mins with exceptions: AOFO initialization failure, even though AOFO is not selected. Console on target server never leaves "idle" status. This has been troubling me for a week now. what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mcnabney
Level 3
After discovering a symantec document outlining how to determine if AOFO is indeed installed and running, we removed all traces of existing Agent, re-installed aofo (it installs agent from commandline) and rebooted twice. Driver now loading, error messages are now gone, backup 100% successful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Please select the aofo option in the job and select the vss provider as symantec and run the backup.

mcnabney
Level 3

i've tried this. It still completes the backup, however the target console is not showing as connected, and i still get the same error messages that the aofo agent is not installed. I DO NOT get this message if i "run now". If i try to run the AOFO server 2000 configuration wizard on the media server when creating a job, it says that it does not appear that the AOFO agent is installed correctly on the target server.

mcnabney
Level 3
After discovering a symantec document outlining how to determine if AOFO is indeed installed and running, we removed all traces of existing Agent, re-installed aofo (it installs agent from commandline) and rebooted twice. Driver now loading, error messages are now gone, backup 100% successful.