cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection list....

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
I have two servers that have been taken off the network. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove them from the selection list first. Is there a way to remove them now without re-creating the jobs? Basically, it reports errors everyday now because of this, and it's just annoying.

Cheers!!
-Brian-
8 REPLIES 8

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

There is no other way. You need to recreate all the selection lists and the jobs..

Thank you.

Shweta

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Ahhhh, yes there is a way!

Go into the selections list for your backup job, and within the View format section on the top right of the jobs properties windows select 'Text'. You'll then see a text version of your complete selection list, which should include those servers which have been removed. Simply select the offending entries and delete them.

The graphical display is always based on the current network setup, which is why you had the problems, but the text version displays what you ACTUALLY have in the selections list, regardless of network / server status.

Keith

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
Well, that looked like it was going to work, but after you remove the desired object, there's no way to apply the changes. You can only select "cancel" or "x" out of the window.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried going to edit selection list and then saving the new selection list?

Thanks,

Todd_Henry
Level 4
Keith is correct, this is how I removed several remote servers from our selection list.

Brian, I think you are trying to modify the "Job" and not the "Backup Selection List." Make sure under "Job Setup" you use the "Backup Selection List" area to make these changes. Once you remove the offending servers from the text list you should see three buttons at the bottom, "Ok, Cancel, and Help". Click Ok and the changes will be made.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Could you update us on the issue?

Regards
Padmaja

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
The retired servers are not showing up under the backup selection list, yet it keeps trying to back them up.

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
whoops...forgot to change it to text first. I got it now....thanx everybody!! I appreciate it!

Cheers!!