cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server 2000 blue screens with backup 10d and macfile

kent_dean_2
Not applicable
I have a 2000 server with sp4 and all latest Windows updates that has been running for 11 months with Backup Exec 8.6 with no issues. The server is also running Services for Macintosh. Yesterday i uninstalled 8.6 and loaded on Backup Exec 10.1(d) onto the server. Within 40 minutes after this my server would blue screen with sfmsrv.sys driver(which is for the mac services), being the faulting driver each time. As well a lot of strange event viewer messages would show up, with event id 12052, point to errors with macfile with this message "A directory change notification was missed on volume "Data". " This started happening even before we got a chance to run any backups with the new software. The software was loaded on early in the morning, so after 2 blue screens I turned the Backup Exec services off, and the blue screens stopped. I have been combing other forums on the Net to see if other users out there have run into same thing and I have found a few some running 2000 server, some running 2003 server, all had Services for Macintosh on their server, and had just upgraded to Backup Exec 10. Help! P.S. we had also loaded Replication Exec 3.1, but have since removed it as it does not seem to be a factor either way. I have started a support incident with Symantec/Veritas but they have no leads as of yet.
Kent Dean
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Have you also installed CPS on the server?

What is the version of Macintosh?

Are there any other BE related event ids in application log?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

kent_dean
Level 3
the network has 3 different macintosh os versions on the go. the latest is version X. i have Backup Exec 10.1d loaded on the the server as well. both the BE and the RE are at the latest build/patch. i have setup a test server almost the same as what they have with an older mac client access a mac accessible volume, but have not been able to recreate error. however the production server i was getting the errors on does have a lot of users accessing it where in the test enviornment, i have access to only 1 mac machine. there are macfile events showing up in the event viewer as event ID 12052, "a directory change notification was missed on volume <>" .

Michael_Damico_
Level 4
Any progress on this one? The thread I started regarding my similar issue hasn't been responded to in over a week.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello Ken,

- Could you please update us on issue...

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.