cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneous backups

Chris_Sykes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Is it possible to have two simultaneous backups? I have a tape backup and B2D that will overlap. Has this caused any known issues. Tried it last night and my tape backup failed but my B2D completed. This is the error I received.

e0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34849

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Hi Chris,

You can run multiple jobs to different devices from the same media server with no problems, this is supported. For instance you could run a backup job to disk and also a job to tape at the same time, this is supported. This is normally what happens if you have multiple jobs that backup to disk at the same time and also duplicate to tape. You may have a job duplicating to tape and still have backup to disk jobs running.

This error is probably related to something else, did you follow the link? Do you have the latest hot fixes installed?

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Chris

You can backup to different devices at the same time as long as you backup different sources. It is not recommended to backup the same data twice at the same time (for example, backing up a machine from two different media servers simultaneously or with one media server to two different devices). If the sources are different, there is no problem, if not, you can have trouble.

What you can do is backup to disk and, when it finishes, duplicate to tape.

Regards

Chris_Sykes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
OK...thanks guys!