cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop automatic running of missed jobs

Level 3
hi - where do I configure for BUExec 12.5 NOT to automatically start a missed backup job?

Thanks

J
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
In your job, you select a time to start. Along with that, you can set a time that the job should start no later than.
Open up your job, go to Schedule, and it is under Time Window.

Laters!

Level 3
hi Craig - thanks for the reply!  I have that set currently to start no earlier than 9PM and no later than 11:59PM - here the user reports:

I came in this morning and noticed Saturday's backup tape didn't get put in.

I went ahead and put Monday's tape in and came to the computer to look up the backup.  When I did that, I noticed that Saturday's backup was running on Monday's tape.

which they dont want - they just want it to skip any missed backup jobs...

Level 3
sorry about all that html code - what I was saying is that it looks like it is configured ok with start/no later than times but it still ran the missed one automatically when a tape was put in - perhaps there is another config I could try?

thanks for all help!

J

ohzone_-_Cheryl
Level 5
I removed all that html for you ;)

vinanteg
Level 3
Certified
Hi!
I believe you mean the following: You have a job configured to run on Saturday, you forgot to insert the tape, but the job started anyway... It saved nothing because there was no tape in the drive, but nevertheless, that job will keep asking for a tape unless you cancel it. If you don't cancel it, as soon as you insert an overwritable (or appendable tape, it depends on how it's configured the job), the job will start saving in the tape.

If the scenario I said, is what's happening then there is a way to configure backup exec to cancel the job if it asks for a tape for an X time.

Regards,