cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck backup job

Chris_Sykes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I some how have a "stuck" job that I am trying to delete but when I try to delete it it says you cannot delete an active job.  Currently, there are no active jobs and I have restarted all services and rebooted the server.  Does anyone know how to rid of this "stuck" job?  Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Chris -

I am assuming from the information you gave the job was created via a policy.

In order to delete a job that was created from a policy, you must dissociate the selection list from the policy. Backup Exec deletes any scheduled jobs that were created from the policy. Any active jobs that were created will complete and then will be deleted.

- On the navigation bar click on Job Setup
- Select the policy or the Selection list from which the job was created
- If you selected the policy, under Policy Tasks, click Delete jobs created by Policy. If you selected the selection list, under Selection List Tasks,
click Deleted Jobs Created by Policy

- Clear the check box for the policy or selection list, and then click on OK.
- Backup Exec will then delete the jobs that were created from the Policy.

I hope this helps!

- Jared

fmlveritas
Level 2
I've have the same problem and the job wasn't created via policy.

Any hints?

Patrick_Cousin
Not applicable
We have a similar problem:
there is no more link between a policy and a few jobs that were created by linking the policy and a selection list together. BackupExec however does not let us delete the jobs with error: "You cannot manually delete a job that was created by a policy. You must first remove the association between...".

We have tried deleting the policy (this works) but the jobs still can't be deleted.
Recreating the policy with the same name doesn't do the trick either.

Any other ideas?

Chris_Sykes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi,
I had this same problem and ended up reinstalling the software which took care of the problem.