cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

successful - using server credentials. GRT Enabled Backup of server running ADDS DC in Hyper-V fails

spejs
Level 3

Hi guys

The case is this: we have a virtual active directory domaincontroller running on a Hyper-V singel server setup. The server running the hyper-v role is not member of an active directory domain. The main host is attached to a private network (10.0.1.X) and has a Backup Exec agent installed. In Hyper-V we have a server running as a domain controller for the domain domain.top. This server is attached to the same network and has a backup exec agent running on it. What we now want to do is to backup the VM via Hyper-V, using GRT to ensure stable backup of the Active Directory.

However, whatever I try to do the GRT backup fails and when checking the credentials it just prints "successful - using server credentials" (under resource credentials).

We are running Backup Exec 2010 R3 with all updates installed. The server are running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. Except of being connected to this private network they are also connected to a "Public network".

Please help me to troubleshoot this, I am running out of options!

Best Regards

8 REPLIES 8

spejs
Level 3

Ofcourse I have checked that the credentials work to log on with. The user I use is member of the domain administrators group and the backup operators group.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Pls post the job log with error message, if any

spejs
Level 3

Hi

Attached to this post is the log.

VJware
Level 6

Have you looked at - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77683

spejs
Level 3

It´s not the dedup I am having issues with. It´s the GRT for Active Directory running inside a Hyper-V VM.

VJware
Level 6

Your job log contains exception about client-dedupe being used...have you re-tried the backup unchecking the dedupe option ?

Also, instead of using the Hyper V agent, have you tried a GRT back up of the AD through the RAWS agent ?

spejs
Level 3

Hi

Yeah I´ve tried to do a backup of Active Directory directly inside the VM with the agent and that works. Now I will tro to disable client-side dedup and try again of doing the backup via Hyper-V and GRT. I post back here when I am done.

spejs
Level 3

Strangly, after disabling client side dedup, the job seems to run ok.

Thanks for helping out