cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symantec BE 2010

med3k
Level 4

we have the latest BE 2010, the issue is trying to add a NAS storage device like our Western digital we are not able to add it to the user defined selection list. the external hard drive is a nas also with usb attached the usb is not attached only the network.  it has a static IP address.  from my workstation on windows xp i can unc path to it \\ipadress\is\share but from our server where symantec is installed i can not.  it is a Dell PE server with Symantec be 2010 on it. when i try and UNC path to it i get this error:  "no network provider accepted the given network path" that error is for server 2003, for symantec i add it to the user definied list and it prompts me for a user name and password in which case i used the UN and password from the user management options on the NAS does not work.  any help on this would be most appreciated. thanks
6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

You will have to add the BE service account on the NAS box and also give full permission to the account.

Try the below steps:

1. Login to the Western Digital Web console with administrator privilege.  
 2. Go to "USERS" tab and add /edit the Backup Exec logon account.  
 3. Add the Backup Exec logon account to the "Full access Section".

med3k
Level 4

does the Backup exec account have to be the same one that is on symantec?

med3k
Level 4
is the backup exec account created when symantec is installed.

teiva-boy
Level 6
Yes the account you use for BE, should be the one you enter into the NAS.  Once the credentials match, things should work golden.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
If I remember correctly no account is created during setup, you have to assign an existing account as backup exec service account.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
In BE console, Click on Network->Logon Account. You will have to add the System logon account to NAS