cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to finish started job to new inserted media

nnn
Level 4

Hi,

If I have to insert another media to tape device in order to finish backup job, I am not able to do this because I have to Inventory that media and in order to do this I have to cancel backup job. Is any way to insert media and continue back job to this inserted media?

thank
n

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You don't have to do an inventory.  Just insert the new overwritable tape and reply to the media insert alert.  The job will continue.  If the newly-inserted tape is not overwritable, it will be eject and you would be prompted for an overwritable tape.

nnn
Level 4

but when I insert overwritable media BE asks to insert correct or old media in order to continue,

also could I do manuall cleaning lets say once a month as cleaning media takes one slot and it is to expensive for us

thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check your OPP.  The tape is probably not overwritable.  

Also, go to Tools ---> Options ---> Media Management and check that the Overwrite Protection Level is set to either Partial or Full.

Yes.  You don't have to have a slot permanently designated as a cleaning slot.  Just make sure that when you put a regular tape in that slot, you uncheck the check-box that say that the slot is a cleaning slot and vice-versa.

nnn
Level 4

Tools ---> Options ---> Media Management and checked that the Overwrite Protection Level is set to Full - protect allocated and imported media.

should I use cleaning media once a month, or there is no recomended time shedular for this?

also now I see couple media offline, what could happen that they are offline?  

last question, in oder to restore email I created device and media redirected to some share folder. After I removed device for this share folder now I can not delete media and I see it as scratch media. Is any way to delete this media?

and also what it means red "Z" on the media?

thank you

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can either wait for your library to prompt you to clean or do the cleaning on a regular basis.

The media are offline when they are not in the library.

Move the media to the retired media set, right-click on it and select delete.

nnn
Level 4

"Move the media to the retired media set, right-click on it and select delete."

Could I move it to Vault? as it will be used next time...

Also could I reschedule monthly backups to every first friday of the month?

thank you for your time

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want to re-use the media, just move it to a media set and it will be re-cycled.