cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from 10 to 11 gone wrong

msomohano
Level 2
I've recently upgraded from backup exec 10 to 11D.  the backup was working just fine before, and once I did the upgrade it just stopped.  the hardware is recognized just fine.  I can even erase a tape, but I can't backup anything. not even a simple txt file.  the error I get is

and that error gives me no information what so ever.  It only says "update drivers".  Well I tried it with the symantec drivers that the upgrade installed, nothing.  then i rolled back to the original, and still nothing.  I updated the drivers to 2007 HP Ultrium 2's latest and it still doesn't work. 

I'm behind in my backup schedule and the knowledgebase or anything on the internet is not helping.  I haven't had any problems before like this with backup exec, and it's a little frustrating that I don't get better info from the KB.

Backup to Disk is working fine, but it's the backup to tape that gives the errors.  I tried removing the device from the device tab on backup exec, and now I can't even add it back.

Can anybody help me with this issue? If I need to give more info do let me know.  I need to get this resolves soon.  thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Roland_Hernande
Level 3
Take a look here http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276639.htm and see if maybe this brings some light...