cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to 7170 has killed my backups

jay_s
Level 3
I upgrade from rev6235 sp2 to rev 7170, i then applied hotfix 6, i then realized SP1 was out, i applied that along with hotfix 16 (drivers i believe).  Since then i have been unable to run a backup to tape.  I dies after only a few bytes, even giving message saing the backup set may not contain any data (thanks for the heads up! )....

I updated the firmware on my tape drive to the latest rev and even reran the BE driver wizard hoping it might help, i have another post for pushing the remote agents and how it kills the publishing option on the clients, but right now this is a bigger problem.  Backup to disk works A1, but i need tape!!

I would love to call the old Veritas company and have them help, i really don't feel like calling tech support and being told that i'll recieve a call back in 8 hours and then never hearing from them again...

mini rant over.
3 REPLIES 3

jay_s
Level 3
when i can get a backup going, half the time it will stop half way through and ask for overwriteable media, half way through the backup job?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
half the time it will stop half way through and ask for overwriteable media, half way through the backup job?

Generally this means that the tape has filled up

How much data has been backed up when the alert is displayed?
What kind of tape drive and media are you using?

jay_s
Level 3
this is with the tape in scratch media, the job is set to overwrite, LTO2, and jobs of less than 10Gb