cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verify AD backup

sideshow_2
Level 4
Hi,

Is there a way in BE10d to verify that I am getting a backup of the AD on my Windows 2003 DC?

thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

If you successful backup contains "System State", the AD is backed up correctly.

detailedlogging.jpg

Open the job log for any job which contains "System State" Backup and look for the system state. If you want detailed information on which files are backed up, Enable Detailed Job logs under tools-->Job logs and perform the System State Backup again.

Note : This will increase the Log size

Hope this helps....

sideshow_2
Level 4
thanks.  So that verifies that something odd is up.  I do not see a "System State" section.  But if I attempt to create a new backup job, I can select c:, d:, e:, Shadow Copy Components, Utility Partition.  Still no checkbox for System State.   I must be missing an Add-on or something.  I am not familiar with v10d though, so maybe there is something that is not activated on this Win2003 server box. 

thanks for the help.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Try reinstalling the RAWS agent on that server if it is a remote server...sounds like you might have some sort of corruption on the agent itself.

Laters!

sideshow_2
Level 4
thanks.  Unfortunately this is the BE server. 

Dev_T
Level 6
Could you send the screenshot where you see all the components but not the system state?