cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vff Open Failure!

chriscrytek
Level 3

Hi,

I am working with backup to disk and then duplicate to Tape, Exchange 2007, Failure appeared when duplicate to Tape! It came from one Day to another!

Error Code E00002F7,

V-79-57344-759 Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure. This can be caused by low memory or disk resources.

I followed the link and checked the Solutions, but I don't think anything Helps, we have enough disk/memory and we are running 64 bit version on 2008 R2" Win Server. My guess is that the failure is related to the Catalog Failure before:

Capture1.PNG

There is nothing to click on and backup exec Job Histoy says 100% done Success with Execptions. Both failures for the first time, nothing changed in between.

Strange that the duplicate to Tape Job fails, isn't it just to copy the previously files to Tape?

Chris

Crytek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chriscrytek
Level 3

Thanks Guys,

after updating the remote Agent it works again!

By the way, while I updated and rebooted the exchange Server the storage engine of exchange did not start anymore!!!! It was no problem because I could start it manually, but because I wasn't aware of it we were 2 hours without mail :(!

What the Hell has the duplicate Process todo with the remote agent? And why is it working for weeks and then failing without any changes?

Anyway, its working again!

Chris

Crytek

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

Hi Crytek,

Make sure that you are uptodate with Live updates.

under AOFO: select  System - Use Microfsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider 

if error persists then try the following:

Uninstall the Exchange server's remote agent 

Remove the Exchange license key from Backup Exec

Reboot the Exchange and Backup Exec servers

than readd the license key in Backup Exec

repush the remote agent to the Exchange server

recreate the job and try again.

hope this helps

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See if this KB helps or not - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH73493

Also, would you post the complete job log as well.

chriscrytek
Level 3

Thanks Guys,

after updating the remote Agent it works again!

By the way, while I updated and rebooted the exchange Server the storage engine of exchange did not start anymore!!!! It was no problem because I could start it manually, but because I wasn't aware of it we were 2 hours without mail :(!

What the Hell has the duplicate Process todo with the remote agent? And why is it working for weeks and then failing without any changes?

Anyway, its working again!

Chris

Crytek