cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vmware and backup exec

k_alexis
Level 2
 hi all, We have backup exec 12 and i just installed a trial copy of VM work station on a spare xp pc connected to the network. Will it be possible to take an image from backup exec or recovery 8 and create a virtual machine so i can see if the backup images and files are working or will i have to set up the os first on the virtual machine.  Also, plan to use it as a test environment. I am new to this so any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

Alexis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hobbs
Level 4
 hi, yes you can do it provided they are in image format. when you open vmware workstation import export wizard and select other machine in the wizard you get the option as shown in the screen shot, if you have the backup exec file in sv2i format or if its a acronis true image you can import that machine into workstation

vmware-ws-import.JPG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hobbs
Level 4
 hi, yes you can do it provided they are in image format. when you open vmware workstation import export wizard and select other machine in the wizard you get the option as shown in the screen shot, if you have the backup exec file in sv2i format or if its a acronis true image you can import that machine into workstation

vmware-ws-import.JPG