cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what driver should I install for Medium changer device?

mindy
Level 3
Hi,

I run BE 2010 with Overland auto loader. The backup rate is very slow such as 5 MB/min. It will fail on big amount data, but backup small data OK. I have latest symantec driver for tape drive, latest driver for SCSI card, but for Medium charger device driver, it is Microsoft driver. What kind driver should I install? from Overland? from HP? from Symantec or from Microsoft?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Mindy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mindy
Level 3
I called Symantec tech support and it turned out I need to installed unknown medium changer. The problem is resolved. Thanks for help!

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255501.htm

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You should install the Microsoft Drivers  for the medium changer . Make sure the SCSI ID is set properly for the tape drive and is less than the medim changer . SCSI Id zero and one should not be used as they are reserved for the bootable device.

mindy
Level 3
Hi Rahul, thank you very much for your reply. Can you tell me where to check and change SCSI ID?

Thanks again,

Mindy

mindy
Level 3
Hi Rahul,

I got the SCSI ID in device manager. Can you take a look?

Tape drive: Bus number 0, target ID 1, LUN 0.
Changer: Bus number 0, target ID 1, LUN 1.

According to your suggestion, I should change tape drive SCSI ID to 2 and changer to 3. Is it correct?

One more question. Do I change the SCSI ID by click CTRL+A when server reboot?

Thanks,

Mindy

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

The SCSI ID is changed on the actual autoloader itself. Best bet here is to go through the manual that comes with it, as it will instruct you on the process to follow.
It doesn't really matter now what you make your SCSI IDs, so go with what RahulG suggested there.

Laters!

mindy
Level 3
Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you confirm if I need to change SCSI ID for both tape drive and changer? 

Thanks,
Mindy 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Generally you only set the SCSI ID of the tape drive, and the medium changer changes accordingly. I have seen that needing to be done on an HP device...just changing the tape's SCSI ID.

mindy
Level 3
According to Rahul, SCSI Id zero and one should not be used as they are reserved for the bootable device, so I will change the SCSI ID of tape drive to 2, after reboot, I assume the SCSI ID for changer should be 3 or greater. Right?

Thanks again,

Mindy

mindy
Level 3
I called Symantec tech support and it turned out I need to installed unknown medium changer. The problem is resolved. Thanks for help!

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255501.htm