Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will repair of BE change any jobs?

LNH_Network_Adm
Level 3
hi there,

im pretty new to this so yea..
:)

if i run a repair of backup exec, will it change any of the jobs that have been running and setup?

thanks in advance

D.J.
6 REPLIES 6

jesus_asphalt
Level 4
You need to test it and find out.

Nothing is worse than making back ups that don't restore anything and if you don't have a way to test your back ups you are asking for a total disaster.

Spend the time and money to do the job right.

-Never- trust an application, especially a symantec application, to do your job for you.

LNH_Network_Adm
Level 3
hehe sounds good..

i know what you mean, but i think if i test it and find out what i don't want to find out then there will be some problems.

thanks for your suggestions michael.

but i have to know how a repair of BE will affect the jobs or the application itself?

jesus_asphalt
Level 4
WTF?

If you work in an environment where testing backups is impossible for you, then get out now because your only role in that organization is fall-guy.

I don't care if the temp-contract money is too good or the benefits are great.

When the you-know-what hits the irreplaceable mission-critical data server and the Executives are mad then you sir, are fired.

Who's terms are you going to leave under? Yours or theirs?

LNH_Network_Adm
Level 3
wtf?

u alright in the head man?

i asked a simple question if you can not answer it then don't reply with some gibberish.

so don't waste your time by trying to be smart and don't try to give me a lecture.

and confucious, please save ur time and don't reply with some other lecture.

so any other suggestions will be appreciated. :)

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
A repair installation will not affect any of your jobs.
What the repair installation does is:
It stops all Backup Exec services, reinstalls corrupted files and registry keys, reinstalls tape devices (stand-alone drives and libraries), and restarts the services.

The database(which contains all your job configurations) is not reinstalled.
But note that any changes made to Backup Exec program files and registry keys will be reset to the original settings.

LNH_Network_Adm
Level 3
thanks aravind

that was the answer i was looking for :)

respect