cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application on VCS

Michelle_Lai
Level 4
MonitorProcesses and MonitorProgram are two attributes of Applications used to monitor the status of applications. My understanding is MonitorProcesses is mainly for testing the existence of the application since it is uses the ps command. While MonitorProgram can be used to test if the application responses correctly. Therefore MonitorProgram reports problem when application hangs.

Is that right?
5 REPLIES 5

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
MonitorProgram is the path to a program that does more than "ps". You need to provide that program or script. There is no generic program.

Michelle_Lai
Level 4
Yes. That program or script can be used to do the response test for the application. I have no idea how the "IsAlive" check can be done for application otherwise.

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
The "isalive" is whatever you want it to be. Check the Bundled Agents Ref Guide. You need to return 110 if it is online and 100 is offline.

Michelle_Lai
Level 4
Yes, thanks for your reply.

What I need to do is check both "lookalive" and "isalive" for the application. I use MonitorProcesses for "lookalive" and MonitorProgram for "isalive". I think they are both checked every MonitorInterval. However, I want "isalive" check to be less often than "lookalive" check. For example, "lookalive" is checked per minute but "isalive" is checked every 5 minutes. How can I achieve that on VCS?

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
You cannot specify MonitorInterval per method of checking. In order for the Agent to be expecting return values, it needs to fire them off. I would suggest that you set a 30 second interval. Checking for PIDs isn't very intense and won't cause any real overhead.