cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue hares -offline command via script without getting prompted for VCS uid/pw?

slonkoski
Level 2
Hi, I'm trying to get a script to offline then online a resource, but when I issue the hares -offline command I get prompted for my VCS uid/pw. I can get the script to pass the uid and pw, but I doubt our security would like me hard-coding pw's. Is there a way to bring a resource offline via command line without getting prompted?  this is on a Linux RedHat cluster.
2 REPLIES 2

g_lee
Level 6
halogin username [password]
will store the password for you (in encrypted form) so you don't need to authenticate each time to run a command

From VCS 5.0MP3 (Linux) man pages ....
http://sfdoccentral.symantec.com/sf/5.0MP3/linux/manpages/vcs/man1m/halogin.html

------------------------------
The halogin command line utility provides users the means to authenticate themselves in VCS cluster environments, which may be secure or non-secure. A secure cluster uses Symantec Product Authentication Service utilities, while a non-secure cluster does not.

Once authenticated on a host, VCS grants users authorization to use VCS commands at a predetermined privilege level. The privilege level specifies that a VCS user can perform certain operations (read, write, or execute) on certain objects (systems, groups, or resources).

The halogin command stores the encrypted authentication information in the user's local home directory. The user may enter subsequent commands without having to login and enter a password until the credential expires.
------------------------------

slonkoski
Level 2
Doh!  RTFM, I should know that.  thank you!!