cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM connection to back-end VCS SQL Database

wdmiamike
Not applicable

Anyone connected SCCM 2007 to a VCS backend database?  Doesn't like using the virtual instance name of the database.  It will only allow you to put in the phsyical node name (which would obviously cause problems in a failover).  Microsoft says that only there Microsoft Clustering is supported.  SCCM tries to verify the server name is a domain computer.  To trick it, I added a computer object for the virtual name.  It tooke away the error about the computer needing to be a member of the domain, but now I get a permissions error:

site server computer account administrative rights;    Error;    Configuration Manager Setup requires that site server computer possess administrative rights on the SQL Server and management point computers.

Have tried everything with rights - including making myself and the computer account administrators on all computers...still the error persists.  Microsoft support reported that other Veritas users had expeiranced the same error...

1 REPLY 1

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
 All this is with a Lanman resource as well, I take it (which would provide the Netbios name / virtual computer name), correct?

Hmm... sounds like the app has some heavy dependency on MS internal stuffs. It says in your error "Configuration Manager Setup requires that site server computer possess administrative rights on the SQL Server and management point computers"... do you have the ability to setup a server to have rights on the SQL Server / management point computers? If so, in a non-clustered environment, how would you do that?