cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Cleanup

Alsway
Level 2

We only use the network backup option for DLO. But noticed that the backup just increases over time. Files that are not on the users machine are retained on the network backup. Some are more than a year old. I have changed what I think are retension settings but still this happens. Would like to sort this issue and also would be good to have some sort of cleanup of old users who have left. Any suggestions as I cant find solutions to this anywhere. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Maintenance grooming is the process of removing backups of deleted files. It occurs at most one time every 24 hours. Maintenance grooming occurs during the first backup that runs after 24 hours have passed since the last maintenance grooming. So if you have change the revision setting this would be applied after maintainence and you will see old data is deleted ,if it is very old and if it not getting deleted you can choose to delete it manually too http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO23702 Additionally check this too http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157924 Hope that helps Thanks

Alsway
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. The grooming does not seem to be working then. is there anyway of running the maintenance grooming manually?

Alsway
Level 2

The grooming is not working. Any other suggestions!!

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Check this and your NUDF is local on DLO server or it is on remote server? Please check the link below https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/dlo-and-maintenance-servers The maintenance server grooms files, i.e. it limits the number of versions of a file in the NUDF (Network User Data Folder in storage location) to the number provided in the profile. Without the maintenance server grooming will not happen, so the number of revisions of a file keep growing beyond given limit. This can be verified either by going to the NUDF or from the restore tab in the agent. If the limit exceeds then delegation between the maintenance server and the storage location needs to be provided. When a Maintenance Server is pushed to a remote machine, the machine on which the Storage Location is present needs to trusted by the Maintenance server machine. Here is how to add the trust. Locate the Maintenance server computer on the Active Directory in the Domain controller. Right-click > Properties > Delegation (Check attachment) Choose the two options (radio-button) as indicated above and then add the computer on which the storage location exists. CIFS (Common Internet File System) service on the SL machine needs to be added to the list of trusted services. Only after these settings are confirmed does a Maintenance server groom files. Thanks

Alsway
Level 2

The main DLO server is the maintenance server. There are other network storage locations but thats all they are. Are you suggesting that the maintenance server is moved to another server as its not working ?