cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO user notifications

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I'm currently finding the administration of the DLO console a very manual process. Have there been any updates in relation to end user notifications when they reach their quota, run out of space on the DUDF, a backup job fails for any reason, their account is not configured on the DLO server?

I'm currently running DLO 7.5 console and all users have DLO 7.0. The reason for this is that we were having a serious amount of iOps on our NetApp filer where the backup data resided when users were on version 7.5.

Also, what is the most up to date version of DLO? Are there any plans to add additional notification abilities to reduce the Admin overhead?

Thanks

Jimmy

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hiya Jimmy,

The current version of SDLO is 7.5 SP1. Would you pls elaborate what issues are you facing with end-user notifications ?

SDLO 7.6 is in Beta phase now  & do have a look @ this blog - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/symantec-dlo-76-beta-windows-mac

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Thanks for the information. What are the "Alerts/Notifications Usability Improvements" indicated in the features list of 7.6 Beta? The problem I have is that I would like users to be alerted on their desktop when they have an issue. In this way it would reduce the Admin overhead and users could be indicated to raise a helpdesk ticket.

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6

Edit the Profile properties and then under User Settings tab. There is an option "Suppress errors and warnings" which when unchecked should alert the end-user.

* I currently do not have access to a test system now, though I believe the above option may be helpful in your case.

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

This option is already unchecked on all profiles on our DLO console. I believe that this would only show warning/error messages if the DLO Agent screen is open on the user desktop? It would be great if there was a pop-up on the users desktop alerting the user of any issues. Is there any way this can be done?

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6

The Desktop Agent has to be present atleast in the system tray. I don't think the UI needs to be explicitly opened, as the setting states when the user is not directly interacting with the Desktop Agent.

Apart from this setting, currently there isn't such a feature which I am aware of. Would recommend to post this as an enhancement over here - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

smithj
Level 6

Thanks VJware

I see now that a little warning symbol comes up when there is an issue. A pop up would be brilliant though. What are the "Alerts/Notifications Usability Improvements" indicated in the features list of 7.6 Beta?

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6

Hiya Jimmy,

I currently do not have a list of the improvements. Let me check what i can find.

smithj
Level 6

Thanks VJware

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6

Hiya Jimmy,

I have PMd you some info.