cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Backed Up Files from Storage Location Manually

Tim_Parry
Level 2

Hi All,

I have an upgraded DLO 7.5 setup without the dedup option configured. A user has saved some "inappropriate" AVI's on his laptop, which have been backed up to his local storage location.  We've now gone through the disciplinary and they've now been removed from the source, but I'd also like to remove them from the DLO storage location without waiting for the retention period. Can I delete these files manually from the storage location without causing any issues on the client or the server?

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...mmm, it shouldn't break anything. If it does, just redo his backup. This assumes you can access the file to delete it as it is encrypted.

If you want confirmation on this, it would then be best to contact Symantec and log a call around this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi Tim,

Check the TN below out...you might need to reset the retention on that user's folder:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157924

Thanks!

Tim_Parry
Level 2

Thanks Craig. The user's still with us, and I don't want to affect the rest of the backup, just remove the offending files. Changing the retention period will either involve changing it for everyone using the profile, or creating a new profile just for him and affecting the retention period on all the other backed up files.

Do you know if deleting from the storage location manually will break anything between client and server?

Thanks,

Tim

CraigV

...mmm, it shouldn't break anything. If it does, just redo his backup. This assumes you can access the file to delete it as it is encrypted.

If you want confirmation on this, it would then be best to contact Symantec and log a call around this.

Thanks!