cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents folders gone from all profiles on DLO

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I've got about 20 different user profiles on the DLO console, all set up to backup the Documents, Desktop and Favorites folders.

This has been working fine for years and I just checked it today and the Documents folder has been removed from all profiles.

Would you have any idea what may have caused this?

Thanks

Jimmy

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Are the user's My Documents redirected or shared to another server? If so, make sure the other server is up and running. 

smithj
Level 6

Hi Imsola

No, My Documents are not shared or redirected.

It seemed to happen around the time I migrated about 50 users from one storage location to another. Should migrations affect the profiles? I have about 20 different profiles and the Documents backup selection was removed from all profiles not just the migrated user profiles.

Thanks

Jimmy

lmosla
Level 6

What version of DLO is this? Has the DLO server been rebooted?

smithj
Level 6

Hi Imsola

The DLO console is version 7.5. Do you think rebooting will resolve the issue? I don't think it's been rebooted since the issue began

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

May be a cosmetic issue and if it is, rebooting could help.

Migration of the storage certainly does not affect backup selections. These settings are stored in the DB, and storage migration doesn't touch/alter such settings.

It may have been a case of this backup selection being inadvertently being removed by some one and as backup selection changes propagates to all profiles, it got removed from all profiles as well.

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Thanks for the response.

Rebooting didn't reslove the problem. Not sure what happened, I've re-added the Documents folder to all profiles now and will monitor closely.

Thanks for all the responses

Jimmy