cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Desktop user data folder for VIP profile

Audax
Level 3

I am creating new VIP profile. Because local disk space is very limited, I want to disable Desktop User Data Folder, but I am unable to do so. When I disable DUDF, it says that "To use message level incremental backups of Outlook PST files, please select Enable desktop user data folder.". When I change PST backup to VSS, it again says "To use VSS backups, please select Enable desktop user data folder". So, which ever option for PST files I use, I cannot disable DUDF. My file selection for profile only includes regular files, no Outlook PST files, so PST options are totally irrelevant for that profile.
So, how to disable DUDF for that profile?

2015-05-05_9-35-32.jpg

2015-05-05_9-36-09.jpg

2015-05-05_9-36-30.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

So even if you respond OK to the PST dialogs, you aren't able to save the settings ?

Do you have other settings enabled which requires DUDF such as DeDupe, Delta File Transfer ?

EDITED

Pls log a formal support case as i was able to reproduce this on my test machine and i believe this shouldn't happen.

Ideally, when VSS backups of Outlook PST is enabled, one cannot disable DUDF. So one switches the option to Message Level Incremental and then DUDF can be disabled. However, when in a VIP enabled profile, it enables and greys out "enable message level incremental backups ONLY to DUDF" which makes the DUDF manadatory and hence, doesn't allow you to disable DUDF.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6

These pop-ups are informative messages, however by clicking on OK, you can still disable the DUDF.

Do ensure in "Backup Selections" tab, .pst files are not included at all.

Audax
Level 3

Hello,

thanks for answer.

Unfortunately, clicking OK button on main dialog just pops dialogs on second and third picture and does not allow to save settings. PST files are not selected for backup, even more, I also deleted OOTB selections, which contains reference to PST files, but with same result.

Audax
Level 3

No, dedupe is disabled (as I found that Server 2012 dedupe is more efficient and less complex to manage) as is delta for all selections. The only thing I want enabled for selections is Encryption.

I am able to create normal (non VIP) profile with DUDF disabled without problems, I just have to select Message level PST backup in Options tab. But this doesn't work for VIP profile.

VJware
Level 6

So even if you respond OK to the PST dialogs, you aren't able to save the settings ?

Do you have other settings enabled which requires DUDF such as DeDupe, Delta File Transfer ?

EDITED

Pls log a formal support case as i was able to reproduce this on my test machine and i believe this shouldn't happen.

Ideally, when VSS backups of Outlook PST is enabled, one cannot disable DUDF. So one switches the option to Message Level Incremental and then DUDF can be disabled. However, when in a VIP enabled profile, it enables and greys out "enable message level incremental backups ONLY to DUDF" which makes the DUDF manadatory and hence, doesn't allow you to disable DUDF.

VJware
Level 6

Yup, doesn't work for VIP profile for the reason i stated above. Hence, the suggestion to log a support case.

Audax
Level 3

I think I found the problem.
Option on the picture below is cause for all this. I have to disable it to be able to disable DUDF for profile.

2015-05-06_100331.jpg

But for VIP profile, this option is greyed and cannot be disabled.

2015-05-06_100408.jpg

So, maybe its a bug or a feature, needed for VIP profile, but there is no logic in it, because this option only affects PST files.

Audax
Level 3

I just saw your edit above. So, we came to the same conclusion. But, I still think its a bug.

EDIT:

Sorry, I should read your replies more carefully. I see that you also think it is a bug. So, I will indeed open a support case with it.

Thanks again for help.