cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook PST error in Symantec DLO 7.5

rajhans103
Level 2

Hi,

I am facing one specific issue as I am able to restore a pst file but unable to open/save any attachments. I found two such cases, and we are facing lots of escalation in our Environment. I checked the Backup logs file as well and found that everything is fine over there. in process of restoration also I am not getting any error and it is getting restored successfully. I tried with scanning of that pst file as well but the error was same.

Plesae suggest if anyone has gone through the same kind of error.

DLO Version : Symantec DLO 7.5 SP1 running on windows server 2008 Machine.

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you successfully able to open/save these attachments prior to the .pst being backed up ?

Do you receive any error message or is any error logged in the event viewer when you try to open/save the attachments ?

Are these MAPI based or VSS based .pst backups ? Lastly, do you have DeDupe enabled in the profile settings ? If yes, can you try a test of a non-DeDupe enabled profile with VSS based backup and test if you are able to open/save attachments after the .pst restore or not.

rajhans103
Level 2

Yes, We were able to open/save those attachments prior to backup.

No error in Event viewer while opening the attachments.

All are VSS based .pst backups. Yes we have dedupe enabled. For non-DeDupe profile, there is no such issues.

One more thing with DeDupe enebled profile, we are not facing this issue for all the users. We have done so many restoration but only 2 such cases have been reported till date.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to log a formal support case for us to review this further as i have come across this issue on a very specific situation only and your case would require further investigation.

rajhans103
Level 2

Thanks V Jware. I have already logged a case. Riyaz from Symantec is looking after this and he is following up with Symantec backline engineering team. I just thought that if any one have ever faced this kind of situation then it may be helpful to me.

s_support
Level 4

hi Rajhans103,

mite be a bit late on this thread.

did you ever resolve this issue?  we are having the exact same issue and have opened a case, but support have closed the case for some reason.

would like your feedback if possible

Phil

rajhans103
Level 2

Hi Phil,

We also logged a case with Symantec and it was escalated to Symantec backline engineering team as well. We were given one WinDdEngine.dll file to be replaced at DLO admin server end. Post replacing that file, we never faced that particular issue again. As per Symantec during restoration DSL location was not completely accessible for some users. So they asked us to replace above mentioned file. We are really thankfull to Mr Amrit from Symantec backline engineering team for his kind support.

Sanjay

katyshawn
Not applicable

Try this tool http://www.recovery-tools.org/ms-outlook-pst/ may be it would help. We have came across the similar kind of situation a couple of weeks back and we successfully resolved the trouble by using this application.