cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to execute NBU_DesktopLaptopOption_6.1MP7_x86_ML on Windows Server 2008 R2

AlbertoRomero
Level 3

Hello.

My problem is that I'm trying to execute the installation of DLO 6.1 MP7 x86 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 platfom and as you know this version only exists in x64 architecture.

If I execute the installation this message appears: "This installation package is not supported by the 64-bit processor type."

That is weird because i have other applications installed and all are x86!!!

Please Help Me!!!

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

DLO 6.1 MP7 x86 is meant for 32-bit machines. For the Windows Server 2008 R2 server, you will need the DLO 6.1 MP7 x64 installer.

Download links - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH176789

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi AlbertoRomero,

Can you please let us know if it is your organizational policy that all applications are installed as 32-bit though the host OSs are 64-bit ?
What is the reason for installing 32-bit apps on 64-bit hosts ?

Thanks,
Santosh

AlbertoRomero
Level 3

Thanks for your help!!!

The reason is because i checked the compatibility matrix and If I Install DLO 6.1 MP7 x64 for example, I cant backup machines with Windows XP x32, and in my organization the update to windows 7 process has not finished yet.

The new question is, If I install DLO 6.1 MP7x64... Can I backup OSs with x86 architecture?

Regards!!!

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi AlbertoRomero,

Yes you can backup the data with server being x64 and agents are x32.

Thanks,
Santosh