cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Exchange Messages State "Pending Archive" but will not archive

Steve_Bally
Level 4
All,

I have EV in a lab.  Getting ready to go into Production, however, all the messages state "Pending Archive" both in OWA and in the Outlook.

This is Exchange 2003 in a cluster and Outlook 2003.

I have looked at the policies, the provisioning job, and the Archiving tasks, they all look good, but, I cant figure out why they are staying in the "Pending Archive" Status 

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you use after backup?
Have you backed up your vault stores?

There is a section in the VAC help about this:

Using "After backup"
To use "After backup"
Set up archiving so that Enterprise Vault deletes safety copies after backup. This is not the default setting.
Schedule archiving to happen during off-peak hours, such as overnight, for example.
Make sure that the archiving schedule does not conflict with Microsoft Exchange Server maintenance.
Schedule the vault stores to be backed up after archiving finishes. This means that safety copies will be deleted from Exchange before users arrive in the morning.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you use after backup?
Have you backed up your vault stores?

There is a section in the VAC help about this:

Using "After backup"
To use "After backup"
Set up archiving so that Enterprise Vault deletes safety copies after backup. This is not the default setting.
Schedule archiving to happen during off-peak hours, such as overnight, for example.
Make sure that the archiving schedule does not conflict with Microsoft Exchange Server maintenance.
Schedule the vault stores to be backed up after archiving finishes. This means that safety copies will be deleted from Exchange before users arrive in the morning.