cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All clients seem to be rebuilding Offline Vaults

Joe_Credco
Level 2
We recently upgraded to EV 8 on our backend and are planning to upgrade our clients to ver 8 this week.  When we upgraded, we also enabled the setting to allow archived items to be moved between folders and allow deletetion of both shortcuts and archived items (before, we only allowed shortcuts to be deleted).  Since these 3 changes have been made, all of our clients seem to be re-building their offline cache. 

The big problem with this has been that we have collections turned on and it has been coming close to running out of drive space due to all of the .archdvs files.  Does anyone know how the collections process cleans up the .archdvs files?  If items are set to be collected after 14 days, will it not clean up .archdvs files until 14 days later or will it clean them up on the next collections run?

Has anyone else seen this behavior before?  We're preparing to approximately double the number of users we're archiving and would like to prevent this from happening again.
5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I think you should be able to clean it up using: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305058.htm, however I'm not 100% sure if this works with archdvs. Just try...

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Joe_Credco
Level 2
Is there a command that you can execute on a vault partition to run collections on it?

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Archdvs files should be deleted if they are not accessed within 24 hours (by the Collection process run).

You can do a Run Now for collection, from the properties of the Vault Store Partition - Collections tab.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
I would not try and delete them just yet, why not wait till the next collection run and update us :p  just kidding:)

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
That sonds right thanks John :)