cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Archive Pending Issue

jgrant50
Level 4

I moved 3 mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to 2007.  Since then, all 3 mailboxes have shown archive pending icons instead of archive icons in Outlook.  I use the trigger file and everything has been working fine up to this point.  The backup runs successfully each night, but I noticed today that many of the files in the storage partition had not had the archive bit reset.  I reset the icons for my mailbox in report mode, manually ran the task, created a new IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt file and restarted the storage service - that worked fine.  So I'm at a loss as to what the issue may be.  I did run the attrib command today to reset the bit on every file in the partition, and will let my nightly incremental run tonight to see if it resolves itself.  Nothing has changed in my backup environment either.  I checked and verified that the storage service is correctly recognizing the trigger file and renaming with a .old extention after the service restarts.  The icons seemed to be hit or miss.  For example, I archive mail oder than 60 days, but there were some from the same day that were pending, and others that had fully completed into shortcuts.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

jgrant50
Level 4
I checked this morning and I had 1 archive pending icon.  I suspect my 2 co-workers have the same issue, but have not checked with them yet.  I checked the file watch table on the SQL server and there were no entries, so for some reason, EV is not communicating back to Exchange to change the Icons.  Should I re-create the task perhaps?

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Do you see any numbers in the A1 message queue? The requests pass through this message queue to process the updation of the shortcuts. Any related event id's generated?
Message Edited by Amit Gupta on 09-29-2008 05:50 AM

jgrant50
Level 4
Nothing in any of the A1 queues, and nothing in any of the event logs that indicates a problem.  The messages archive fine, the file watch table gets cleared after the storage service restart with the trigger file, and there are no items awaiting backup in the vault store usage report, but the icons do not change within Exchange.  As I mentioned, if I run everything manually, it seems to work fine.