cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any good lab materials?

Amanda_H_
Level 4
Hi all,

I'm new to EV and did take the Admin classes but I need to really get to know the product better. I have enough down-time in my workday (fortunately) that I've been able to build out a test lab, separate from where we do our integration testing, but I'm having a hard time coming up with tests to run. I've done the usual "let's delete this file or this thing and see what happens" but I'm running out of self-directed stuff to "play" with. Are there any simulations or scenarios published anywhere that I can work through? Or any suggestions on what I can be doing to really learn to support the product? I think I have a good handle on the routine admin tasks but we have a pretty unstable environment here and I want to really understand the product as fast as I can, before we get into a crisis situation. I don't want to sound like the voice of doom but our SAN sometimes seems like it is held together with Scotch tape and that's just the beginnings of my woes!

We currently have a small EV6.0 (no service packs) installation and will be upgrading to SP2 in about 3 weeks; after that we're going full-steam-ahead with over 7500 mailbox deployment on 3 EV servers. Win2k3, Exchange 2k3.

Thanks!

Amanda
3 REPLIES 3

Lee_Allison
Level 6
Amanda, did the admin course provide you with a lab book? That's probably the best publicly available 'scenario' data that I know of. Beyond that you could browse through these forums looking for issues posted by others and try to recreate them.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Amanda,
Wait another week and hopefully sp3 should be out. Jump in to the water with both feet, I say! And um...tell me if the water's cold?

micah

Amanda_H_
Level 4
Thank you, guys!