cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Email Conversation

Claire_Wilson
Level 4

Hi All,

We have Enterprise Vault 9.0.2 running on Windows 2003 and Outlook 2010. One of our users has asked us if it is possible for Enterprise Vault to automatically archive old emails in a conversation and only keep the most recent email un-archived. I've had a look and can't see any way of doing it, also tried googling and checking these forums but can't find anything relevent. I don't think it's possible but I was hoping someone could confirm?

Thanks

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, but no, that is not possible.  EV will archive either by Age or Quota.

Why does the user want it to be left?  Do you use Virtual Vault?  If yes, that would probably satisfy their request as the emails will appear as they would if they were in a PST.

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Sorry, but no, that is not possible.  EV will archive either by Age or Quota.

Why does the user want it to be left?  Do you use Virtual Vault?  If yes, that would probably satisfy their request as the emails will appear as they would if they were in a PST.

Regards,
Tony

Claire_Wilson
Level 4

Thanks Tony, I'll pass that on to the user, just wanted to make sure myself before I gave him a definite no. We don't use Virtual Vault at the moment but I'll take a look at it to see if it would be useful

Thanks

Claire

TonySterling

No worries, I would highly recommend taking a look at VV (Virtual Vault).  I think you will like it.