Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Explorer: Search function: Archive tab- drop down box greyed out

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Hi all

busy running archive explorer and I need to run a search running the
an archive range, but the problem is that the drop down box is greyed out and I cannot use it.

Does any one know why it would be greyed out and how I can stop it from being greyed out?

System:
Windows 2003 sp1
EV 6
4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

You really want to be searching on Age. The Age tab is greyed out unless on the Messages tab you change "All fields" to "Subject Only" or "Content Only".

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Thanks that explains how to get a hold of those feilds, but ,dont mean to be rude, it still doesnt answer my question.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Hi Robert

This Tab was introduced with V6 SP1 and is only accessible when the archive that you are searching against has multiple Index Volume sets. (In other words the archive needs to be huge) It will then give the option of selecting a predefined date range in accordance with when the items had been added to the archive. The date range will effectively be a specific Index that will be loaded and searched.

Hope that helps you a bit. Generally the average mail enabled user would never have to use it. Although you will probably see it on FSA archives and Journal archives.

Cheers

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Thanks for the reply.

the problem is that it is a FSA system but it is only ev 6 and not 6v1. Thats might explain the problem.

thanks again