cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive buttons

FocEdm
Level 3
I have been able to add some users to the Vault but when they open Outlook or OWA they do not get prompted to install the agent and the buttons are not visible for archiving etc. I am new to ths so any idea's are welcome. The accounts appear to be identical.

tia

stu
7 REPLIES 7

Gary_Avery
Level 4
When you say that a user goes into Outlook or OWA and is not prompted to install agent, can you clarify? How are you installing the EV Outlook plug-in?

Have you installed the EV OWA extensions?

I dont think a user would get the archive icons until they have had some content archived.

Cheers

FocEdm
Level 3
I have installed the extensions for OWA, they work for one user but not for the others. The first user was prompted to install the agent when he restarted outlook. Now when i create a user and enable the vault he is not receiving the buttons to allow him to archive email etc. Is there a way for me to run this automatically on a pc? Or a registry key i can check to see if it has run at all?

Gary_Avery
Level 4
have a look in Outlook, Tools and see if you have the Enterprise Vault options to see if the outlook plug-in has installed. I dont think new users will get the archive icons until they have data in their vault, so if theclient is installed ok but no icons perform an archive or import a PST and then check for thr icons.

FocEdm
Level 3
the tools in outlook does not show anything installed. Apart from that one functioning user of course.

Gary_Avery
Level 4
so it looks like the Outlook plug-in has not been installed for that user then. You could install manually and see if that works ok.....

FocEdm
Level 3
How can I install the outlook plug in manually--sorry if this seems like a simple question but i just started using the product this week.

Gary_Avery
Level 4
no worries....included in the software is the client extensions, so look in Enterprise Vault 7x\User Extensions\English\ and evclient_en.msi is the Outlook client extensions.