cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive only a small amount of users

sandrine_goetha
Level 6

Hello,

We just went trough the process of upgrading our servers to EV9 and installed a new EV server for Exchange 2010.

Unfortunately as the "exchange server" has 10000 users our Exchange admin is afraid that we would overrun the transaction logs disk . This is why I would like to know how to only archive a smaller group of users ( let's say few hundreds) knowing that all our users were in Exchange 2007 and archived so they are enabled.

Thank you for any help.

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Set up a variety of provisioning groups.

In the top ranked group enable archiving at whatever level of aggression you like, make sure this group only applies to the users you want archived and no others. Perhaps create a new group for this?

In the next provisioning group target everyone else and set it not to archive this group.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Set up a variety of provisioning groups.

In the top ranked group enable archiving at whatever level of aggression you like, make sure this group only applies to the users you want archived and no others. Perhaps create a new group for this?

In the next provisioning group target everyone else and set it not to archive this group.

sandrine_goetha
Level 6

Thank you Marvin,

So far I was ….

I just couldn't find out how to do archive members of a provisioning group but now I found it. So I just have to find out the right query to select the mailboxes of one DB only.

Thank you so much for your help.