cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to EV 9

rnt123
Level 5

Unfortunately, the upgrade from EV 7 to EV 8 that I performed went very well, so I have been asked to do another one. This time it is EV 8 to EV 9, with adding Exchange 2010 into the mix after it is complete.

Are there any special gotchas with EV9 and Ex2010 that anyone has run into?

I don’t think the admin guide covers installing the OWA extensions for 2010, is this not supported yet?

Since this install is running on Vmware, is taking a snapshot and reverting back to it if necessary a good back out plan? (This is a single server with SQL running on the same box as EV.)

Will moving the users from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 cause any problems with their archives? Will new provisioning groups have to be created?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OWA for 2010 is supported, snapshots would be good as long as the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, the Vault store databases and the FingerPrintDatabase can all be restored to a pre upgrade state

Also watch out for items that may have been archived after the upgrade that will be stranded if you roll back, you would have to run EVSVR to resolve it.

i guess the gotchas would be to make sure that Exchange 2010 is on SP1 , that outlook installed on the EV Server is Outlook 2007, and make sure you target your DAG servers correctly

As for migrating users across, make sure that you set SynchInMigration mode registry key correctly and that they have the same LegacyMbxDN

But really just test it all, test a few mailbox migrations and see how it goes

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OWA for 2010 is supported, snapshots would be good as long as the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, the Vault store databases and the FingerPrintDatabase can all be restored to a pre upgrade state

Also watch out for items that may have been archived after the upgrade that will be stranded if you roll back, you would have to run EVSVR to resolve it.

i guess the gotchas would be to make sure that Exchange 2010 is on SP1 , that outlook installed on the EV Server is Outlook 2007, and make sure you target your DAG servers correctly

As for migrating users across, make sure that you set SynchInMigration mode registry key correctly and that they have the same LegacyMbxDN

But really just test it all, test a few mailbox migrations and see how it goes

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

rnt123
Level 5

Thanks Jesuswept2! Do you know where I can get more info on the SynchInMigration reg key settings?