cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Contacts glitch?

ngan_adams
Level 2
I turned on the archiving of contacts yesterday and noticed there was a glitch.

Archived contact items cannot be seen if you do the following:

When you create a message in Outlook or OWA, click the To button to get to the Address book, and then go to your contacts, all the contact items that were archived are not visible.

You still can see the contacts in the original Contacts folder. also, if you type out the name, it will still come up fine.

Oh yea, you can't see the contact list in your Blackberry either.

Anyone notice this too? We decided to turn off the archiving of contacts because of this problem. Therefore, the EV doesn't really archive everything :(

Any workarounds?
2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
EV can archive everything, but some things you shouldn't.

That behaviour is expected. It isn't recommend to archive contacts for this reason.

The exception would be to archive the contacts of an employee that has left the company and you want to perserve those.

Also, most contacts are under 2k, so you are not gaining a whole lot by archving, at most you get 1k or so back.

ngan_adams
Level 2
Thanks for the info. Just wish that information was in the guide or KB articles that talks about archiving more than the default items. I didn't read of any recommendations to not archive contacts or calendars in the guide or KB articles.

I guess it makes sense to archive everything after the person leaves. Just it would be nice not to do that extra step when a person does leave.