Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Group Mailbox

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner

Question:

Can Enterprise Vault archive Group mailboxes? We have a customer that uses group mailboxes of which the owner is a disabled user account.
Is it possible to archive these group mailboxes with this user disabled, and if it can how do users permissions must be set to access archived mails then in this group mailbox?

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BravoZulu
Level 5

Permissions should be automatically set as part of the synchronization process (usually twice a day).  So, any permissions on Exchange should be synch'd to the archive.  It shouldn't ne necessary to manually set these, but in some cases it might be required (i.e. for stealth monitoring of archives).

Thanks,
BZ

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BravoZulu
Level 5
Hello Marc,

In short, yes.  You will have to manually set permissions on the archive for that shared mailbox if a synchronization hasn't already applied the permissions automatically.  Just go and check the permissions tab for each shared mailbox archive.  By default disabled users mailboxes are not archived.  In order to enable this you have to set the following registry key;

For disabled users set this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents]
"ExcludeDisabledADAccounts"=dword:00000000

or for 64-bit systems:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents]
"ExcludeDisabledADAccounts"=dword:00000000

Thanks,
BZ

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
OK, thank you for the info.

About the permissions, does EV not take all the permissions of the Group Mailbox within Exchange with it automatically? Or do I always have to set them manually?

BravoZulu
Level 5

Permissions should be automatically set as part of the synchronization process (usually twice a day).  So, any permissions on Exchange should be synch'd to the archive.  It shouldn't ne necessary to manually set these, but in some cases it might be required (i.e. for stealth monitoring of archives).

Thanks,
BZ