cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange archiving on Centera

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
Hello,
Since a couple of weeks we are archiving exchange on a Centera and not on NTFS anymore ( new partitions created of Centera). 
I see 2 or 3 times per run in my eventlog the following entry
ID 6760
Category Storage Crawler
description
Error from EMC Centera FPLibrary 
Function call: FPXMLTag.GetAttributeValue(AttachmentId)<FPTag.GetStringAttribute (AttachmentId)<_FPTag_GetStringAttribute(-,AttachmentId,768,-,128,-)<FPTag_GetStringAttributeW(-,AttachmentId,-,0) 
Reason: Attribute with that name not found 
Pool Address: 192.168.50.230,192.168.50.231,192.168.50.232,192.168.50.233?C:\Centera_PEA\EVA_Prod_1.pea 
We are using EV for Microsoft exchange Version 8.0 SP1.
Could any of you explain me what the problem is ?
Thanks a lot for any help
Sandrine
4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Do a DTrace v on the Storage Process to see the details on whats happening with the communication to the Centera

Also do you have a second centera that where the primary centera replicates to? If yes check to see if the PEA file on the EV servers are configured to have access to both Centera's

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
 Thank you for your answer.
And no we don't have  a second Centera. It was decided by management that one Centera was secure enough.Could this be the problem ?
Sandrine

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 No a second Centera is not a requirement but it is the safer option as it provides a backup to the primary Centera.

Did you DTrace the storage service and the Storage Crawler service?

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
 Thanks again for your answer Liam,
Unfortunately  A dtrace of my environment is quite complicated ( number of mailboxes archives: more than 20000, size of items archived: few gigs, schedule time : during the night from 1 to7, the fact that since 2 days this doesn't appear in my logs anymore).
So thanks for everything be I'll let it for the times being : till it reappears.
sandrine