Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Lotus Notes

Marcel__D_hrkoo
Level 2

Hi Gang

My question is....

I would like to archive a mail box with a policy that archives mails when they are more than 6 month old and delete the mail from users mail box and create shortcut (easy done :) ), but then i also want to archive mails that are newer than 6 month but NOT deleting mails from the in box, and NOT creating shortcuts on the same user's mail box.

Can not find anything on this subject can it be done. enlightened

Best Regards

Marcel From Dührkoop

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Marcel,

I don't think this is possible. What you effectively are asking is if you can have 2 archiving policies assigned to 1 task.

Archiving a mail WITHOUT creating a shortcut (replacing the mail for a shortcut) and leaving the mail in place means not archiving....

What you might want to try to discuss with your management (or usergroup or whatever) is the following:

Archive all mails older than 1 month, using shortcuts with setting 'messagebody'. This means the shortcut shows the full messagebody, and links to attachments. Then have a 'shortcut deletion' of 11 months. This means that all mail older than 1 year (which is archived), the SHORTCUTS are deleted from the mailbox, and the mails (who remain in the archive) can be found using Archive Explorer or Search Safe.

That's how we do it ;-). It keeps the mailboxes-sizes relativly low. this is however on Exchange, I do not know Domino archiving that well.

Regards. Gertjan

Marcel__D_hrkoo
Level 2

Hi Gertjan

Thx for the reply, it was a try i didn't't think either that could be done.

But at the same time it's a shame because if we could do this trick we could use EV for backup and restore of single mail files without a hassle in Domino, without restoring the NSF file from Netbackup and then search via Lotus Notes for this one mail, some of our users have really large mail files around 5 gig manly designers.

But i will look into the way to do it that you described.

Regrads

Marcel