Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving from HNAS (BlueARC)

Ash
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Trying to archive from HNAS with EV 9.0. successfully added server as target bt while adding volume it gives access denied. Accessign share folder is working fine but not able to add in EV. already go through http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75480 and try all steps but no luck.

Is there any defined way for HNAS?

Regards,

Ashish Shah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

This was failing on HNAS/BLueArc devices 12 months ago, due to the BlueArc not being fully CIFS compatible. Some of the CIFS functionality we relied on was not present. BlueArc had said there would be a new OS in the later half of last year that would overcome that. If you are not on the latest BlueArc OS then I would upgrade and try again. You are stating access denied, so just want to check that the vault service account does have full control on the share and on the file system on the NAS?

If you are on the latest BlueArc OS and the VSA has full permissions and it is still failing then I would log a support call for detailed analysis of the problem.

Darren

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

This was failing on HNAS/BLueArc devices 12 months ago, due to the BlueArc not being fully CIFS compatible. Some of the CIFS functionality we relied on was not present. BlueArc had said there would be a new OS in the later half of last year that would overcome that. If you are not on the latest BlueArc OS then I would upgrade and try again. You are stating access denied, so just want to check that the vault service account does have full control on the share and on the file system on the NAS?

If you are on the latest BlueArc OS and the VSA has full permissions and it is still failing then I would log a support call for detailed analysis of the problem.

Darren

Ash
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply. VSA has full control on share and as well on C$ as i can access whole file system from EV server. I can successfully create archivepoints as well but when i run task, report shows 0 volumes to process.

Meantie i will check which OS is running on bluearc.

Regards,

Ashish Shah