cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving of expired User Account

screenburn
Level 4
Our company policy is to expire the certain user account after 30 days. After the expiration user can receive the email but will not be able to get logon and send email.

My question is, if the user account is expired, will EV able to archive the emails?

I’ll appreciate the reply. 

Regards/Maged.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is also this key, ExcludeDisabledADAccounts.

The default Enterprise Vault behavior is not to archive mailboxes associated with disabled Active Directory users.

To change this default behavior and allow Enterprise Vault to archive users disabled in Active Directory then implement the following registry key:-

Hive    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents  (remember for 64 bit it is under the WOW6432Node entry)
Type   DWORD
Name  ExcludeDisabledADAccounts
Value  0

After making the above registry change restart the Enterprise Vault Admin service.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
without the ability to send, EV will not be able to archive a mailbox (for instance if the user goes over quota) and if the EV account can't log on to the mailbox then it definitely can't archive it Easiest thing to do with questions like this is to simply test it, create a test account, enable it for ev, archive a few emails, reproduce the expiry then try, that will be your definitive answer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TonySterling

There is also this key, ExcludeDisabledADAccounts.

The default Enterprise Vault behavior is not to archive mailboxes associated with disabled Active Directory users.

To change this default behavior and allow Enterprise Vault to archive users disabled in Active Directory then implement the following registry key:-

Hive    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents  (remember for 64 bit it is under the WOW6432Node entry)
Type   DWORD
Name  ExcludeDisabledADAccounts
Value  0

After making the above registry change restart the Enterprise Vault Admin service.

DaveW
Level 3
Hi Tony,

Can I confirm with you that the above key will allow the archiving of disabled user accounts?

If so, fantastic! Another undocumented key and a fix I have been looking for ages! (I'm running V8 SP2)

Thanx

David

TonySterling

Hi Dave,

Yes it will.  It is actually documented now.  smiley
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/336978.htm

There is also this one to enable hidden mailboxes:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/282737.htm

Cheers,

Tony

DaveW
Level 3
Thankyou Tony. Much appreciated.
You have no idea how much of a headache this issue has been causing.

Cheers,

Dave

ianG
Level 5
very interested in the hidden mailboxes one..!

am I right to assume that the provisioning task finds the hidden mailboxes, and its just the SQL change that makes them available to be enabled via the VAC?

/edit looks like the previous owner of my site had this key set already, and a quick look through the database, it certainly looks like theres alot of GAL hidden mailboxes picked up by the provisioning task - happy days :)