cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Manager - Move Archive Permissions

SN83UK
Level 3

I have recently upgraded to Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4 and are looking to take advantage of the Archive Move funtionaility. I have read through the 'Enterprise Vault Move Archive Feature Overview' white paper (doc ref:351473) and found the following information on configuring permissions for users to move archives.

To Move archives and control the move archive task - one of the following:

• Task - EVT Move Exchange Mailbox Archives
  • Task - EVT Move Exchange Journal Archives
  • Task - EVT Move Domino Mailbox Archives
  • Task - EVT Move Domino Journal Archives

When checking within Authorization Manager none of these Task Definitions are listed?

Does anyone know where these Task Definitions are stored or if they can be created manually, presumably these should have been added as part of the SP4 installation?

I found the following reference to setting a reg key to allow a reset of all the roles and assignments in the article below, does anyone know if this is likely to recreate these roles?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/roles-based-administration-enterprise-vault-8

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SN83UK
Level 3

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I was unable to try your solution here as the following had been completed to rectify the issue:

1. Check EvAzstore_Svc.xml for the string "can move", if not there

2. Modify the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Admin\ResetAuthorizationStore  to 1 (as in you linked article above)

3. In Authorisation Manage click the new option 'Reset Store'

4. Confirm the missing task definitions now appear

5. Re-add the previous role assignments.

As suspected it looks as though the new roles were not added during the application of SP4 from looking through the upgrade logs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you assigned any roles?  You could replace your existing EvAzStore_Inst.xml with the one that came with sp4 but if you have made changes in RBA you will need to redo them.

1. Copy EvAzStore_Ship.xml to EvAzStore_Inst.xml in the same directory. Doing such will reset all Roles and remove any set accounts.  It is recommended to record all custom user account role assignments prior to resetting this value.

2. Restart the Enterprise Vault Admin Service.

SN83UK
Level 3

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I was unable to try your solution here as the following had been completed to rectify the issue:

1. Check EvAzstore_Svc.xml for the string "can move", if not there

2. Modify the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Admin\ResetAuthorizationStore  to 1 (as in you linked article above)

3. In Authorisation Manage click the new option 'Reset Store'

4. Confirm the missing task definitions now appear

5. Re-add the previous role assignments.

As suspected it looks as though the new roles were not added during the application of SP4 from looking through the upgrade logs.