cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 and EV 11

Trotter_Admin
Level 2

We have our EV11 deployment backed up by BE2014 using the EV agent. I noticed that our SQL logs aren't being trancated after DB backup jobs are completed. I tried 2 different SQL backup methods both of which resulted in BE not being able to do incremental backups.

1. SQL job - resulted in BE complaining that the previous backups weren't done using the BE agent.

2. A "one time backup" with Log-truncate option - resulted in BE complaining that it can't query the database when an incremental backup is ran afterwards.

Also, Symantec recommends that EV is backed up using Incremental-Differental backup, however, this results in the Last Database Log Backup time not to be updated on the SQL DB and EV monitoring is complaining.

What is the proper way to backup EV and SQL so that the SQL logs are truncated successfully? I can do one or the other but not both successfuly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

according to the BE admin guide, selecting an incremental backup method backs up the database transaction logs and truncates them so that's what you should be doing