cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill usage to.

Kim_Morgan_Elli
Level 3
Hi.

I've search the board and there is a bug with the billing account.

Is there a way to repolulate the billing account?
We enabled a lot of mailboxes when we where at Enterprise Vault 7.0.

Now we are using 7.5 (2007).

Kim Morgan Ellis Fiva.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
It was a bug fixed in 7.0 SP2

This is from the update.htm

Archives with no billing account [Ref E1003862]

When enabling mailboxes, setting the billing account to "The mailbox's primary account" had no effect. This resulted in archives with no billing account.

This has been fixed for new archives.

For existing archives that may have no billing account defined, there is a registry value that enables you to force the Archiving task to set the billing account to be the name of the primary account during mailbox synchronization.

The registry value is a DWORD, called PopulateBillingAccount, which you create in the following location on the Enterprise Vault server that runs the Archiving task:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\Software

\KVS

\Enterprise Vault

\Agents

Set PopulateBillingAccount to 1 to make the Archiving task populate blank Billing Owner fields.

When you have corrected the blank billing account you can delete the registry value.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Kim Morgan Ellis Fiva,

What exactly do you mean here?
Could you elaborate further?

If you just want to set the billing account on users (like I understand your question), you can go to:

Archives
- Exchange Mailbox
-- Right click
---- Properties
------> Bill usage to

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Kim_Morgan_Elli
Level 3
I was looking over our Enterprise Vault servers, and had a look at the mailbokses.
I noticed that a lot of the Mail box archives don't have a billing account.

After searching the Enterprise Vault forum I found out that there has been a bug with automaticly setting the billing account if the account where enabled by a provisioning group.

This probably happend when we where running an earlier version of Enterprise Vault, now I want to correct this, but I don't want to set this one by one, as there is hundreds of mailboxes that don't have a billing account set.

I'm looking for a way to set the billing account on the ones that are missing automaticly, or by scripts.

Kim

MichelZ
Level 6
I see

You can do this via EVPM Script.
Have a look at:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/289862.pdf

Page 72.

Cheers
Michel

Kim_Morgan_Elli
Level 3
Had a quick readthru the section. You don't have en example.. ?:) I have limited experience with EVPM scripts.. :)

Kim

Message Edited by Kim Morgan Ellis Fiva on 12-03-2007 12:42 PM

MichelZ
Level 6
Unfortunately, I haven't got a real example, but I'd try it like this:

[Directory]
directorycomputername = myserver
sitename = MySite
[Archive]
ArchiveName = Name
billingOwner = enterprise\smithj
[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = MyDN

You can run Exchange Mailbox Tasks in report mode to obtain a list of all the
mailboxes. You can then copy distinguished names from the report to the
initialization file

You would have to generate this file for each user using some VB script or the like.

Maybe it would be easier to set the account via GUI, depending on how many you have to modify...

Cheers
Michel

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
It was a bug fixed in 7.0 SP2

This is from the update.htm

Archives with no billing account [Ref E1003862]

When enabling mailboxes, setting the billing account to "The mailbox's primary account" had no effect. This resulted in archives with no billing account.

This has been fixed for new archives.

For existing archives that may have no billing account defined, there is a registry value that enables you to force the Archiving task to set the billing account to be the name of the primary account during mailbox synchronization.

The registry value is a DWORD, called PopulateBillingAccount, which you create in the following location on the Enterprise Vault server that runs the Archiving task:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\Software

\KVS

\Enterprise Vault

\Agents

Set PopulateBillingAccount to 1 to make the Archiving task populate blank Billing Owner fields.

When you have corrected the blank billing account you can delete the registry value.

MichelZ
Level 6
Nice one Paul!

Wasn't aware that Symantec provided a solution for the missing accounts.
Thanks!

Cheers
Michel

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Paul,

Thanks for that information.

Jim S.