cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank message body when archived email is restored.

Johan_Coetzee
Level 3
Partner Certified
When you view an EV archived message in the preview pane it shows the message body of the email, but when you open the the message you can only view the attachments but the message body is blank. The users is using Outlook SP1. Does anybody know what can cause this?
12 REPLIES 12

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Can you be a bit more specific about the version of Outlook and the version of the EV Client?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Also, have you tired EVResetClient.exe? if so also post a log of the client trace.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Is this any / all messages or specific ones (eg read receipts) ?
Is ths any / all users or one specifically (or a few) ?

A client log will begin to tell us more (such as OS, office version, service packs and so on)...
Working for cloudficient.com

Johan_Coetzee
Level 3
Partner Certified

EV version is Enterprise Vault 2007 SP1 with Outlook 2007

The problem is relevant to one specific user but on more that one message.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Hi again,

Some more thoughts :

Is the client machine running Outlook in cached more or online mode?  Does it make any difference if you switch between the two? 
Do you have the forms deployed locally, or from an Org Forms library?
Which service pack of Outlook is it that is being used?
What happens if you take the URL listed in the client trace, and paste it into Internet Explorer?

Johan_Coetzee
Level 3
Partner Certified
I have found so far that the problem is related the user pc. If I open the message from the EV server, it does show the message body, but from the users laptop it does not show the message body.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I'd be tempted to try a reinstall of the EV client on that machine, or clear the IE cache (or both).

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
or even run EVResetClient.exe as Wayne suggested.

Johan_Coetzee
Level 3
Partner Certified

I have determined that I can open the message from the EV server aswell as from another pc. The other pc had WinXp loaded with Outlook 2007 and the message open corrcetly. I have run EVClient reset on the laptop aswell as re-installed the EV client. My question today is that could it be that it is Windows Vista that is causing it that the message does not open correctly.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
.... but we've tons of Vista users (me included) that don't have this problem.  Can you obtain a client trace from a working and non-working machine, and we can take a look at them to see if there is anything obvious.

Johan_Coetzee
Level 3
Partner Certified
Do you have a place where I can upload it for you.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I believe you should be able to add it to your original post, or PM it to me if you can't do that.